Friday, August 1, 2008

Seniors Looking for Love and Relationships

Now that people are living longer, changing attitudes, and the ease of finding love online, more senior citizens are dating than ever before. Older Americans, in fact, are now the fastest-growing group of couples living together out of wedlock; of the 10.5 million cohabiting couples in 2006, more than 17 percent were over 50, compared with 13.2 percent just six years ago. "It's like I'm a kid," said a local widow, 85, who has been dating an 83 year old widower. "When I'm with him, I'm caring for him, and when I'm not with him, I'm thinking about him."
A recent issue of AARP the magazine, quoted Jack Nicholson who said, and I'm paraphrasing, "I guess I'm like most seniors, I'm looking for that one last great love."

No comments: