Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Focus Like Phelps for Dating Success

When I used to play a lot of golf, every once and a while I entered the "zone." It meant that everything was working well. I was hitting the ball where I aimed and I had incredible feel around the greens. It only lasted for a few holes, but a wiser and more experienced golfing friend told me to "just enjoy it while it lasts because it only lasts a short while."
Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps and Michael Jordan and others, although on a less consistent scale, all have and had the ability to put themselves into their "zone." It's the ability to remove all negative thoughts and just focus on the goal of winning.....just the way you should think about dating!!
Just think positive thoughts. You are relaxed and you will meet someone special at the party tonight. Or, I've been waiting to go out with my date tonight for a long time and I'm going to be myself; funny, witty, charming, attentive and relaxed. Just KNOW how much fun you're going to have. Visualize the evening and the conversations in your mind's eye. Focus on your surroundings and take it all in which will release your inner calm. No pressure, no expectations, no negative thoughts, just be relaxed and enjoy your time in the "zone."

No comments: